2022 USPS Informed Delivery Promotion
The United States Postal Service (USPS) is running a promotion for Informed Delivery from August 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022. Mailers that register for this promotion will receive a 4% discount on qualifying standard and first-class marketing mail letters, cards, and flats.
Leveraging Informed Delivery helps to enhance your mail campaigns with a digital element.
Darwill is here to explain what an Informed Delivery campaign is and why you should register for this promotion.
What is Informed Delivery?
Informed Delivery is a consumer-facing feature offered by the USPS that provides mail recipients with digital previews of their household mail arriving soon. Users of Informed Delivery can view their mail piece images via a daily email or online dashboard. By implementing an Informed Delivery campaign, you can bridge the gap between physical mail and digital to generate additional consumer impressions, interactions, and insights.
The three elements that go into this campaign are a representative image, a clickable ride-along image normally with a CTA, and a URL. The representative image is what the recipient will see first. This image represents what the physical mail piece is about or it may even be a scan of the mail piece itself. The ride-along image is the digital ad served with the representative image. This encourages the user to interact and engage by clicking the provided URL to the offer or additional information.
Enrolling in Informed Delivery is a great option for mail recipients in a multi-unit dwelling or who reside far from their mailboxes as they can preview what mail is on its way. Plus, the digital preview can link to the same offers presented in the mail piece or to the website for more information – building awareness before the physical mail arrives.
Expand Your Reach
The Informed Delivery user base continues to accelerate with 38% growth seen year over year. With 43 million users, your brand has the opportunity to reach even more consumers. When a representative image and a ride-along image are used, this service has a national average open rate of 68% and an average 1.2% click-through rate.
A few of the benefits listed by the USPS include:
- Easily reach consumers digitally
- Generate higher email open rates
- Create multiple impressions
- Increase ROI
- Drive consumer response
- Provide additional data insights
- Build consumer trust in the brand
- Elevate the consumer journey
How Informed Delivery Works
- Informed Delivery users receive scanned images of the exterior of incoming letter-size mail pieces.
- If an Informed Delivery campaign is conducted, supplemental content called a representative image will be shown.
- These interactive campaigns include custom images, known as ride-along images that can click through to a targeted URL. This digital experience directs the user to a landing page the same way a digital ad does.
- Subscribers can track mail via email notification, online dashboard, or mobile app.
- Marketers receive a report on the number of clicks the Informed Delivery campaign achieved.
Let’s Talk Promotions
Need help with your Informed Delivery strategy? Darwill is here to help you understand USPS promotions and take advantage of them with our expert marketing knowledge. We’ll help build content around your mail campaigns to be used for Informed Delivery – creating a multi-channel experience for your customers. Let’s talk!